The DeLonghi DDSE30 brings pretty much everything you can ask for in a smaller, compact 30-pint dehumidifier, such as manual and direct (continuous) drain options; a transparent water level indicator; full tank automatic shutoff; an easy-access front-located drainage tank; automatic defrost; and the ability to work at very low temperatures (down to 36 degrees Fahrenheit).
In addition, this model is efficient, as demonstrated by its Energy Star ratting and comes with an ultra modern-look and great display console, which provides relative humidity data and features a 24-hour timer. It’s also lightweight and highly portable, with built in handles and rolling casters for extra convenience.
DeLonghi DDSE30 Reviews & Ratings
Currently boasting an astounding average satisfaction rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars on amazon.com based on 8 user reviews, it’s safe to say that users are in love with the DDSE30. Let’s take a closer look at what they’re saying – here are some actual comments made in these reviews:
- “….has no trouble controlling the humidity in my unfinished 900 square foot cinder block and bare cement floor basement….It sends all of the water to the basement’s sump pump. Set it and forget it.”
- “I am happy with this dehumidifier. I will be buying another one…. “
- “I bought 2 dehumidifiers (different brands) before this that I had to return….This one works in a pump house for our community well where is stays around 46 degrees during the winter. It has been working flawlessly for over a month.”
- “….this is a good-looking machine, and that’s important. Second, on function, it does the job. It’s also the quietest dehumidifier I’ve ever had.”
- “Love it, Love it, Love it….”
That pretty well sums up the reviews – people found this model effective, efficient, relatively quiet and attractive. Of course, this is a fairly new model and doesn’t have quiet the number of reviews as some other 30-pint options, but this is an extremely encouraging debut and, like most of DeLonghi’s models, we expect the 5-star reviews to keep coming.
Price & Value
Retailing at about $270, the DDSE30 is certainly not cheap. The good news, however, is that it normally sells for a stiff discount. Nevertheless, even with a discount, this model will most likely cost you significantly more than your average 30-pint dehumidifier. But we think this unit’s features, undeniably good looks, and outstanding satisfaction scores warrant a higher price tag. To get a better idea of how the DDSE30 matches up to other 30-pint options and compare their sales prices, check out our Dehumidifier Comparison Buying Guide.
Concluding Thoughts & Opinions
If you want a cheap 30-pint dehumidifier, look elsewhere. But if styling has any importance to you, and/or a superior track record of user reviews and a great set of modern features and controls, then we think the DelLonghi DDSE30 is easily one of the best picks in its class. In particular, the quiet operation, very low temperature capability, and simple continuous drain setup make it a great choice for those who want a model that is nice to look at, but can be set up and “forgotten” if desired.
Click Here to Buy the DeLonghi DDSE30 With Secure Shipping!!